Commencing student checklist
Before commencing study:
Before commencing a placement:
- Apply for a Blue Card (see Obtaining a Blue Card)
- Complete QLD Government Workplace Health & Safety Safety Sense Certificates
- View and complete the confidentiality form (located on Blackboard). Do not complete until instructed.
- See the QLD Health Requirements.
This paperwork does notget submitted to PACE reception. Please keep this in a safe place as you will need it for all of your Hospital Placements, which start in Year 2. If you lose or misplace this paperwork, you will need to redo it.
- View the vaccination requirements.
Where can I receive my vaccinations?
You may visit any medical practitioner or make an appointment with the UQ Health Service or UQ Health Care located at PACE.
The UQ Health Service bulk-bills through Medicare, and UQ Health Care bulk bills if you have a current health-care card but you are responsible for the cost of the vaccine used for immunisation.
Blue Card and Safety Sense Certificates due by mid semester break (1st semester).
Queensland Health Vaccinations forms for all students due last day of semester 1.