Jacqui graduated from UQ with a First-Class Honours degree in Organic Chemistry and a University Medal in 1990. Since that time she has held a number of positions in industry, government and academia in the fields of formulation, toxicology, drug analysis and pharmacy practice. Jacqui joined the School of Pharmacy in 2001 as a Research Officer. She moved into a full-time academic role in 2006.
Jacqui has taught into both clinical and pharmaceutical science courses in the undergraduate BPharm programs within the following curricular 'streams':
- Quality Use of Medicines
- Dosage Form Design
- Social Pharmacy
- Drug Discovery
- Metabolic Fate of Drugs
Jacqui has been on secondment (part-time) to the Faculty of Health and Behavioural Sciences (HaBS) since 2015, where she has served as a Project Leader on the development of an interprofessional 'common course' for all first year HaBS students. HLTH1000 will run for the first time in semester 2, 2017.
She will commence coordination of the capstone laboratory research course PHRM4022 - Integrated Pharmaceutical Development 2 in semester 2, 2017.
Recognition of Teaching Expertise
Jacqui was awarded Senior Fellowship status by the Higher Education Academy in April 2017.
- 2015 UQ Award for Teaching Excellence
- 2014 UQ Faculty of Health and Behavioural Sciences Award for Teaching Excellence
- 2013 UQ Vice Chancellor's Equity and Diversity Award (Team leader - SCRIPT)
- 2012 Unijobs Lecturer of the Year (Top 10 Lecturers at UQ)
- 2012 Australian Awards for University Teaching (AAUT) Award for Programs that Enhance Learning (Team leader - SCRIPT)
- 2011 Unijobs Lecturer of the Year (Top 10 Lecturers at UQ)
- 2011 UQ Citation for Outstanding Contribution to Student Learning
- 2011 UQ Award for Programs that Enhance Learning (team award)
- 2010 Unijobs Lecturer of the Year (Top 10 Lecturers at UQ)