Why choose us
When studying within the School of Pharmacy, students enjoy the benefit of:
- Global reputation: UQ pharmacy and pharmacology is ranked 25th best in the world, with a 5 Star + rating (the highest rating possible) according to the 2013 QS World University Rankings (QS World Rankings 2013)
- Premier learning facilities: Study at the Pharmacy Australia Centre of Excellence (PACE), a brand new $100m facility dedicated to Pharmacy education and research
- Learn from experts in the field: Pharmacy teaching staff are industry experts, internationally-recognised researchers and award winning lecturers
- Industry engagement: UQ’s engagement with industry ensures students graduate at the forefront of the profession. A committee of industry leaders from community and hospital pharmacy, as well as from peak industry bodies, meets regularly to revise the UQ Pharmacy curriculum and ensure it constantly evolves to meet the needs of a developing health system.
- Practical placements leading to diverse career options: A comprehensive placement program gives students the benefit of experiencing a diverse range of career options and health settings before they graduate. UQ partners with more than 500 organisations for student placements including community, hospital and industrial pharmacies, community health clinics, ambulance services and other allied health clinics
- High graduate employment: Pharmacy, as a profession, boasts one of the highest graduate employment rates of any bachelor’s degree in Australia. The 2012 Graduate Careers Australia survey found 98.1% of graduates are employed full-time
- Fostering discovery: UQ is the only School of Pharmacy in South-East Queensland that allows students to graduate with Honours at the end of their degree – a fast track to postgraduate studies such as the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Master of Philosophy (MPhil) and Clinical Pharmacy degrees.